MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Friday, May 02, 2014

Camping in Tennessee

My friend Meredith is slowly working her way through the state park list via camping advenures with her family of 6. I loved hearing about her favorite camping spots so far, so I thought I'd share them with you:

Davy Crockett State Park near Lawrenceburg (nice creek play and I appreciate having a restaurant for back up!)
Roane Mtn. State Park (great pool and river, hike portion of Appalachian Trail nearby) 
Edgar Evins (fishing the Caney Fork below the dam, also a swim beach nearby)
Chickasaw State Park to the west, we went to see the Pinson Mounds a few miles away, an old fashioned camp feel
We have also camped at Mousetail Landing and Tims Ford, both of which weren't as interesting if you didn't have a boat.

My sister also raves about Roan Mountain State Park, and my friend Mary's family loves Fall Creek Falls.

Where do you like to go camping?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home