MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Thursday, May 08, 2014

Book Review: 30 Days to a More Beautiful You: A Devotional for Girls; by Kylie Bisutti



Wow!  That's a good summary for Kylie Bisutti's new book, 30 Days to a More Beautiful You: A Devotional for Girls.  I loved reading through this little book.  It's honest to the core.  It's very personal with stories from Kylie's life and modeling career.  She does a great job connecting scriptures to real life situations.  She challenges girls to think about making courageous and counter-cultural choices based on Christian values.  She reinforces the truth of beauty from God's perspective.

I dabbled in the modeling world as a teen, so I fully understand the pressure to be beautiful and to look perfect.  Kylie has messages that we all need to hear.

From the publisher:  "Despite what the world leads us to believe, true beauty has nothing to do with outward appearances. The more we focus on what we look like on the outside, the more insecure we become.  Fortunately, God doesn't measure our worth by how we look. We have value simply because we are His children. The more we focus on getting our hearts right with the Lord and honoring Him, the more secure and confident we will become—and the more we will exude true beauty.  In 30 Days to a More Beautiful You, former Victoria's Secret Runway Angel Kylie Bisutti gives a complete inner-beauty makeover with succinct devotional readings designed to transform your heart, body, mind, and soul and put you on the path to becoming a happier, healthier, more beautiful you."

I think this would be a good devotional for any girl (age 14+) or woman who wants to understand God's definition of beauty.

I received this book as a gift from the publisher, in exchange for my honest review.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home