MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Friday, May 30, 2014

Summer Delights - Key Lime Pie


My neighbor, Suzanne, shared this recipe with me, after she used it to win a neighborhood pie contest.  I think it's slightly modified from an allrecipes listing.  My son has been begging to make it, so I let him make it with his sister yesterday.  It's very easy and very yummy.  My son has decided that he wants this pie for his birthday instead of cake!

 

Key Lime Pie


1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust

2 cans sweetened condensed milk

1/2 cup sour cream

3/4 cup key lime juice (not regular lime juice)
 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a medium bowl, mix all filling ingredients well, then pour into graham cracker crust.

Bake in preheated oven for 5 to 8 minutes, until tiny pinhole bubbles burst on the surface of pie. DO NOT BROWN! Chill pie thoroughly before serving. Garnish with lime slices and whipped cream if desired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home