MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Friday, August 22, 2014

Dinner Tonight - Creamy Tomato Shrimp Pasta

I modified this from a Pioneer Woman recipe, and we love it!

  • ¾ pounds Penne Pasta
  • 1 pound Shrimp (deveined and detailed)
  • 6 Tablespoons Butter
  • 1 small onion 
  • 2 cloves Garlic
  • ½ cup White Wine
  • 1 can Tomato Sauce (8 Oz)
  • 1 cup Heavy Cream (evaporated milk is a little bit lighter)
  • Fresh Basil - To Taste
  • Salt To Taste
  • Pepper To Taste

Cook the penne pasta until al dente

Heat 2 tbsp. butter in a skillet. Add the shrimp and cook for a couple minutes until just opaque. Do not overcook them. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes. Chop the shrimp into bite –sized pieces and set aside.

Finely dice one small onion. Mince two cloves of garlic. Saute in 3-4T butter.

Add white wine. Let the wine evaporate for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. 

Add an 8-ounce can of plain tomato sauce and heavy cream. Stir well until combined. Turn heat down to low and let simmer for 2-3 minutes.

Add your herbs, salt, pepper and chopped shrimp into the tomato cream sauce. Stir until combined.

Add your cooked penne pasta and give it a good stir. Serve!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home