MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Wednesday, March 08, 2017

Must Read for Parents!

Quick Tips for Busy Families by Jay Payleitner

Quick Tips for Busy Families by Jay Payleitner
 
The subtitle says it all - there are 144 ideas to 'Bring Out the Best in Your Kids--and Yourself!'.  This book is filled to the brim with great parenting advice.  It's not so much philosophy of parenting, but more about embracing the daily moments with your children. The ideas will help you be intentional with building relationships that are well poised to make a positie impact on your children. most of the tips are short and to the point - 1 page, maybe two. They range from responsibility to kindness/compassion, to discipline, to teachable moments, to safety, to boundaries, to accepting help.  There really is something for every parent. Read it with a friend or with your spouse, and share your favorite ideas. Prepare to dog-ear pages or take notes. And I'm sure you'll find youself sharing payleitner's tips with your friends.  I'm grateful that the publisher asked me to review this book, and in exchange, I've shared my honest review.


  


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home