I just got through looking through the NIV Kids' Visual Study Bible. I think it's great! The target audience: girls and boys ages 8-12. It's NIV, with the complete text included. It has a hardback cover with glossy images on the front
Stand out features:
- Over 700 relevant illustrations, photos, infographics, and maps are integrated throughout the book
- Book introductions that include important facts about the book, including author, characters, audience, purpose, location, and key stories
- Study notes related to the scripture on most pages
- It has the typical table of contents, plus an alphabetical table of contents, so people can easily find a book of the Bible.
- It has an infographics index which directs readers to the major diagrams, graphs, and tables scattered throughout the book. Ex: The lifeline of Abraham, statistics about fear/trust verses in Psalms, and the resume of Zerubbabel.