MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Thursday, May 11, 2006


Toddler/Preschool Indoor Fun

Sometimes I just need a list of fun activities to do with my kids when they start to drive me crazy. I keep several lists of activities based on age/weather/indoor/outdoor... This is my list of favorite indoor activities for toddlers and preschoolers. During all of Nashville's rain this month, I should refer to this list more often! I'd love to hear your favorite ideas!


Act out a story from a book
Make a pine cone bird feeder
Create a matchbox highway with masking tape and paper towel tunnels
Dance to music
Decorate a playhouse or car out of a big box
Do the Hokey Pokey
Draw on a mirror with dry-erase markers
Frost Cookies
Go fishing with a yard stick and yarn
Make a "Mummy Mommy" with toilet paper
Make a domino chain
Make a reading hide-away
Make a shoebox train for stuffed animals
Make a tin cup telephone and talk to each other in it
Make an easy puzzle with felt and velcro
Make and try on paper hats
Make binoculars and go "Bird Watching" or "Stuffed Animal Watching"
Make forts with blankets and pillows
Make puppets
Play "Red Light, Green Light"
Play dress up in Mommy or Daddy's clothes
Play hide and seek together- trying to find a stuffed animal or other object
Play basketball with paper wads or socks
Play the matching game or learn numbers with a deck of cards
Put a leash on a stuffed animal and walk around the house
Put lipstick on child and kiss a mirror
Put on a puppet show
Record each other on a tape recorder (great for scrapbooks or journals!)
Make jewelry out of fruit loops or jingle bells

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

I really neede this list today. My two year old has been climbing the walls. Now I have a list of ideas YEAH!

1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home