MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Blue Like Jazz

Blue Like Jazz was highly suggested by many of my friends and colleagues involved in mercy ministry and volunteer outreach. I finally read it last month, and I loved it!

Donald Miller occasionally gets wordy and rambles, but his thoughts are original, creative, provocative and piercing. He talks about how Christian interactions with the world are often shallow, distant and offensive. He tells stories of places where he has seen, felt, and shared authentic community, love, and caring. It's very convicting, and it's a book I think everyone should read. It would be great for a book club.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Betty said...

Hey! Thanks for your commnet on my blog. I poked around your blog. Nice!

Do you know about Books from Birth? Free books from Birth to Age 5. We have received such wonderful books from this fanatastic program.

http://www.governorsfoundation.org/

2:58 PM  
Blogger Ann @TheAssetEdge said...

Yes, I love the "Books from Birth" program!!

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got Blue Like Jazz a couple of days ago. Your review has me looking forward to reading it!

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home