MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Friday, February 23, 2007

Books Galore!

I love to read, so I have collected just a few too many books during my lifetime. I've been working diligently through our collection this year. Here's what my family has done:

1. Sort into piles of keep or pass along to others.

2. Post books for sale on Amazon and half.com for 4-6 months. (more on this later)

3. Post what doesn't sell on craigslist for at a more discounted price.

4. Give away what hasn't sold to the library (thanks Jennie!), so they can put the books in their catalogs or sell them in their fundraising booksales.

5 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

I look forward to hearing about your Amazon experience. Whenever we move, I find myself giving books away because I haven't taken the time to list them online early enough.

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever tried paperbackswap.com? If your books don't sell elsewhere, you could post them on paperbackswap.com and get books you *would* like to read and/or books to give as gifts for only the cost of media shipping.

It's been a great resource for me to weed out the books I'm done with and get books I still want to read (or share) without spending anything more than shipping.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Hey...got your post on my blog about Destin. We found our house by searching at www.vrbo.com. Good luck!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Ann @TheAssetEdge said...

I've heard of Paperbackswap, but I've never tried it. Is it easy to use?

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ann! Just posted about PBS. My comment got too long here! :-)

PaperBackSwap.com

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home