MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Easy Italian Favorite
My mother-in-law makes great chicken lasagna. Every time she visits us from Arizona, my husband asks her to make it. I have finally started making it myself. It takes more time than my usual 15-minute suppers, but I always double the recipe to make up for the extra time. I was glad to pull out a frozen lasagna this weekend, for a surprise visit from my family in Knoxville.

4 chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
3 jars ragu – chunky garden style
1 large package of shredded jack cheese
1 large package of shredded mozzarella cheese
1 large box lasagna noodles

Cook noodles approximately 6 minutes in boiling water.

Grease bottom and sides of large rectangular pyrex dish.

Heat the ragu in the microwave. Cover the bottom of the dish with some of the Ragu.

Layer some noodles, some mozzarella cheese, some jack cheese, some chicken and more ragu. Repeat to fill the dish.

Bake at 350 degrees for one hour. Cover with shredded jack cheese and bake until melted. Let stand about 5 minutes before cutting into squares.

Optional: add a sprinkling of garlic salt between each layer.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home