MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Breakfast Casserole

This is my standard dish for brunches, Bible study groups, showers and Sunday morning sleepovers. My sister made it this morning to surprise her husband on his birthday. I originally found the recipe at www.allrecipes.com.

Ingredients:
1 pound pork sausage
1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent roll dough
8 eggs, beaten
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon dried oregano

Brown sausage in a skillet. Drain, crumble, and set aside.

Line the bottom of a greased 9x13 baking dish with crescent roll dough, and sprinkle with crumbled sausage.

In a large bowl, mix beaten eggs, mozzarella, Cheddar, and oregano. Pour over the sausage and crescent rolls.

Bake at 325 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann @TheAssetEdge said...

You can also subsitute the crescent rolls with cut-up bread crumbs. I usually keep stale bread stored in a freezer bag, then use it to cut up for this casserole's crust.

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home