MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Volunteer Your Professional Talents Pt 3
More ideas to use your professional skills in a volunteer capacity. Today's focus is on "Scientific Professions":

Engineering
Volunteer on a non-profit or school building committee. Help with home repairs for a senior citizen or someone with a disability. Design efficient processes at a facility.

Medicine
Teach groups about nutrition, prenatal care, exercise, childcare, and inexpensive home remedies for illnesses. Assist in low-income clinics. Serve in another country. Mentor a younger healthcare professional. Lead a Bible study for healthcare practitioners.

Technology
Help with job-readiness by teaching basic computer skills to victims of domestic violence or prisoners. Offer a workshop to non-profit agencies on word processing, building a web page, using Excel, or using Publisher. Teach children in an after-school care facility how to work and play on computers.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home