MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Happy Birthday Blog!

In honor of my 1ooth post, I will publish one of my favorite recipes. I love to make this gooey & rich chocolate bundt cake. I originally found it at allrecipes.com, and I'm forever grateful to the recipe submitter. It's one of my favorite mommy secrets!

1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1/2 cup warm water
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs and water. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour batter into a well greased 12 cup Bundt pan.

Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool cake thoroughly, invert and remove from pan. Top with a dusting of powdered sugar.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your 100th post! What fun. And let me just say, that cake sounds delish! I love chocolate.

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home