MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Making Puzzles

My 5-year old desperately wanted to help me cut apart the family pictures we picked up today. He was quite distraught when I said that only Mom and Dad cut these pictures, because we can't replace them. Finally I thought to let him cut something with his own *sharp* scissors.

We looked at a couple of coloring books for cutting material, then decided to make our own puzzles. I drew a puzzle design on top of his old colored pictures, then he cut along the lines. He mixed up the pieces, and reassembled them all. Finally, he put all the paper puzzles into plastic sandwich bags for re-use.

It was a great 30-minute activity station, and I hear that cutting with scissors is one of the best developmental tasks that a preschool bot can practice.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a lot of paper from work that he can have to practice his cutting. It's old reports and such that I use the blank side when I just want to print off items that I need to review or write all over. Let me know, and I'll bring some old stationary over for him to draw and cut! It's sturdy and would make great puzzles.

SC

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home