MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Pulled Pork BBQ

My friend Angie (from Phoenix) served me (a southerner) pulled pork barbeque sandwiches at her house a few weeks ago. She laughed at herself for making southern food for my family. But I admitted that I'd never made BBQ pork (I know, it's shameful!). We LOVED her recipe, and my husband snuck the ingredients into the grocery cart last week, so I would make it for him. So here is the super-easy recipe:

Put 1-2 pork tenderloin(s) in the crockpot.
Cover with 1-2 inch(es) of water.
Sprinkle with onion soup mix.
Cook 8-10 hours on high.
Pull pork apart with a serving fork.
Clean the pot (or drain the liquid).
Add 2 cups of BBQ sauce.
Cook on low for 2 hours.
Serve on buns, or serve alone

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made this the other night w/ leftover roast tenderloin. I just tossed it in the crockpot w/ some mustard bbq sauce on low for a few hours and then shredded and served with extra sauce.

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home