MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Potty Time!

I just read about Rebecca's potty training adventures, so I'll share some of our stories this month. We're potty training in our house too! Isn't it funny (well, not so funny!), how they get ready for the potty training process in their own sweet time. And you just can't potty train before they're ready, can you?

We started out with tiny rewards for trying to go pee pee in the potty. We had a bunch of candy hearts, so he got one heart everytime he tried, and a piece of bubble gum if he succeeded.

Then we progressed to 'pee pee parties'. Three pees in the potty equaled one party during the first week of potty training. A potty might be popcorn/video, ice cream at sonic, or homemade milkshakes.

Now he's going potty regularly, but we're still working on pooping consistently in the party. So he gets big treats when he poops in the potty. Last night, his treat du jour was potato chips. He's definitely his father's child in that regard - I would have chosen chocolate!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

I love the "party" idea. So creative!! I just keep reminding myself of my own reward at the end: No more diapers to pay for or have to change! That will be great {at least for a little while until the newborn arrives}! Congrats on your latest adventure ;>)

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home