MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Date Night!

My DH planned a date night for us last week. It was a surprise - we put the kids to bed, and he asked me if we could have our in-house date in 30 minutes. He had discovered a new card game, called Tunge, through the Sheldon comic strip. He printed out the directions, grabbed a deck of cards from our visit to the Coca-Cola Museum in Atlanta, and we figured out how to play. It's a fast-paced game that involves a little strategy and a lot of luck. Maybe you can try it this week!

In-house dates are a great way to keep your marriage thriving - without the expense of babysitters and traditional entertainment. What do you and your spouse like to do together? Can you plan an in-house date this week?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

How sweet of your husband to plan a date for you. In house dates are the best!

Thank you for stopping by my blog!

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We like to watch movies after we put little bit to bed. Just watched a great flick, Stardust, the other night. Most of the time I'm too tired to do much. Last week M got out the chess board and challenged me at a game of chess. It was such a great game it took two nights to finish! Our other "dates" consist of family outtings to Target/Wal-mart. Just getting out of the house as a family is fun! You can take a rest at Target and treat yourself to some STarbucks!

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home