MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Freezer Meals - Poppyseed Chicken

My friend Shannon sent me a great recipe that she likes to freeze. This recipe makes two 8 x 8 pans (one for 2-3 people to eat & one to freeze for 2-3 people later) or one big 9x13 pan.

3 cups of rice, cooked
3 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz sour cream
1 stick margarine, melted
1 Tbsp poppyseeds
1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed

Set oven to 350 degrees. Spray bottom of 9” x 13” baking dish with nonstick spray. Pour cooked rice into dish and spread even. Place chicken on top of rice. Combine sour cream and cream of chicken soup in a separate bowl. Pour this mixture on top of chicken. In a separate bowl, mix melted margarine and crushed crackers. Stir in poppyseeds. Sprinkle this mixture on top of entire dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees. Dish is done when soup mixture is slightly bubbly and the crackers are lightly browned. Serves 8-10.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

This is a big favorite in our house. I serve it over wide egg noodles and we eat this about once a month. It is just really yummy comfort food!! You made me hungry now :)

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home