MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Take Some Time

I spent the weekend with new and old friends at my church's women's retreat. The focus was rest, and it was a phenomenal experience. We started each segment with a woman praying scripture, then we had a concert of worship (a combination of singing, liturgy and journalling), then we had 2 hour blocks of quiet space with no talking. Being in a state park, it was a lovely time of reflection, prayer, personal goal-setting, and just listening to God speak. The whole experience was totally counter-culture, but exactly what people are unknowingly hungering for.

It was very reviving to my body, mind and spirit. I'm so grateful that I went on the retreat, and I can't wait to share more. But for now, I need to go spend some time with my sweetheart!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home