MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Children's Book Series - part 4

These are children's books have been recommended for grades 3-4. Are your favorites on the list? I hope you'll add your ideas, so we can share them with other moms, teachers and after-school workers!

Abel’s Island by William Steig
All-of-a-Kind Family by Sydney Taylor
Treasure Island
Black Beauty
Where the Red Fern Grows
Secret Garden
Anne of Green Gables
Big Red by Jim Kjelgaard
Bunnicula by James Howe
Caddie Woodlawn by Carol Ryrie Brink
Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White
Dominic by William Steig
Frecklejuice
Half Magic by Edward Eager
Heidi by Johanna Spyri
Henry Huggins by Beverly Cleary
How to Eat Fried Worms by Thomas Rockwell
James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
King of the Wind by Marguerite Henry
Lassie, Come Home by Eric Knight
Magic Schoolbus
Peter Pan by James M. Barrie
Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren
Ramona the Pest by Beverly Cleary
Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes by Eleanor Coerr
Sarah, Plain and Tall by Patricia MacLachlan
Sounder
Stuart Little by E.B. White
Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume
The Borrowers by Mary Norton
The Bronze Bow
The Cricket in Times Square by George Selden
The Indian in the Cupboard by Lynne Reid Banks
The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane
The Moffats by Eleanor Estes
The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall
The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame
Trumpet of the Swan
Tuck everlasting – for later
Understood Betsy by Dorothy Canfield Fisher
Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein

**Please let me know if any of these are not age-appropriate!**

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Anitra Cameron said...

I read and loved "Hans Brinker and the Silver Skates" in third grade. Of course, that was a l-o-n-g time ago!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

My third grade teacher used to read Jack Tales when we had some down time. I googled it and got The Jack Tales by Richard Chase and it sounds like the same book. Funny, funny short stories.

I also don't remember at what age I read them, but I loved the Encyclopedia Brown, Boy Detective series by Donald J. Sobel. Natalie

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home