MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Friday, May 30, 2008

Smiles Tucked in an Envelope


My mother-in-law is incredibly thoughtful and generous. She loves to give gifts and send cards. When my mom was having heart surgery this winter, she sent my mom a card. But tucked inside the card was a Yankee Candle Car Jar (a yummy smelling car air freshener). It was such a warm way to say "I care" and send a little breath of happiness from miles away.


Then my friend Jennie was in the hospital having complications with her newborn baby Micah (who is still really struggling, so you can pray for them). She was staying in the Ronald McDonald House an hour away from home, so gifts posed a bit of a challenge. But Peggy sent her a card with a Yankee Car Candle.


I love the idea! Because it's lightweight and flat, it's very inexpensive to mail, yet it's a great happy gift. Who doesn't feel better when they smell something so yummy? And the candles last for a few months, so the recipient can continue to remember your loving thoughts over the next few weeks.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bebe said...

Hi!
This is a great idea about the Car Jar! What a nice thing to tuck into an envelope to send to a friend! Thanks for sharing the idea!
Summer Smiles, Bebe :)

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home