MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Kid's Radio Show

I love Adventures in Odyssey, a Christian radio show that teaches Bible stories through kids taking adventures back in time. They are so clever, and so easy to follow.

They are written for 8-12 year olds, but we started listening to them in the car when my oldest son was almost 4. We borrowed disc sets at the library for trips, and he would listen for an hour at a time. The character-based series seemed a little too old for him at the time, but the Bible stories are great even for little bits.

Flipping through the free Focus on the Family magazine, I noticed an article on Whit's End. It's the Adventures in Odyssey website. It has a listing of radio program times, games for kids (the ones we played were too hard for my 6yr old), and printable activities.

But I was most excited to see that you can listen free to recent broadcasts online! We listened to one show the other day, and my son has already asked twice to listen again.

I LOVE current media that teaches Bible truths!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home