MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Gramma Mary's Rum Cake

My sweetheart's birthday is tomorrow, so we're making one of his favorite cakes. It's a rum cake that his grandmother (Betty Oliver) used to make. His mom just sent me the recipe, so I'm going to make it with the kids this afternoon. I can't wait to taste it!! And I love continuing the tradition of family recipes, so that will make the cake extra special!

Gramma Mary's Rum Cake

1 Duncan Hines Yellow Cake mix
4 eggs
1 C. water
1/2 can Eagle Brand condensed milk
1/2 C. softened butter
1 pkg. vanilla instant pudding
1 tsp. rum or rum flavoring

Grease bundt pan and dust lightly with flour. Add all ingredients except pudding mix and eggs. Add eggs one at a time. Beating after each egg is added. Add vanilla instant pudding and beat well. Pour into pan and bake until done. (About one hour.)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home