MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Friday, June 20, 2008

Grilled Salmon

We grilled with this salmon recipe last night & loved it! It's super easy to prep & clean - my 3yr old enjoyed pouring the spices into the bag. And it's very yummy. We served it with couscous (on clearance at Big Lots) and broccoli.

4 small salmon fillets (I used the frozen pack from Aldi)
1t lemon pepper to taste
1t garlic powder to taste
1t salt to taste
1/3 cup light soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil

1. Mix everything but the salmon together in a large ziplock bag, until sugar is dissolved. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
2. Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
3. Place salmon on the preheated grill, and discard marinade.
4. Cook salmon for 6-8 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.


We're trying to cook more fish, so if you have favorite fish recipes, I'd love to borrow them!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yummy... sounds really good. Wish it wasn't on your blog, but on a plate for me! lol

Anyways, thank you for the kind comment you left on my blog last week. :)

Blessings!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Jennie said...

Sounds yummy. But I'm a much bigger fan of buying the marinade rather than making it these days (I'm sure you can relate... not much time for cooking). My latest favorite is Lawry's Sesame Ginger marinade on salmon. I put the salmon in a plastic ziploc bag with some marinade sauce, shake it, and put it back in the fridge for an hour or so before grilling it. I also used the same marinade on pork chops last week and that was quite tasty as well. For both meats, I like having the extra available at the table for my sauce-crazy husband.

By the way... there was a study done that showed that marinating meat for at least 30 minutes substantially reduced the carcinogens produced by grilling food. Please don't ask me to quote the source... it was on Good Morning America and I was half-watching while supervising breakfast!

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home