MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Monday, June 09, 2008

The Incredible Edible Egg

Frugal Upstate is hosting a carnival on Frugal Foods. Currently she is collecting egg-based recipes, because eggs average about 17 cents each. My favorite egg recipe is Breakfast Casserole. I often make it for company or for Bible study brunches. It's easy, quick & super yummy!

· 1 pound mild pork sausage
· 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent roll dough (or stale bread crumbs)
· 8 eggs, beaten
· 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
· 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
· 1 teaspoon dried oregano or italian seasoning


Brown sausage in a skillet. Drain, crumble, and set aside.

Line the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish with crescent roll dough, and sprinkle with crumbled sausage. In a large bowl, mix beaten eggs, mozzarella, and Cheddar. Season the mixture with oregano, and pour over the sausage and crescent rolls.

Bake 25 to 30 minutes at 325 degrees.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home