MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Sunday, June 01, 2008

White Bean Chili

My husband clipped this recipe for Chili King's White Bean Chili from a magazine. I can't remember which magazine to give credit, but I thought you would like this quick & easy & yummy chili recipe. I know it's getting a little hot for chili in some parts of the country, but maybe my northern friends can make it before it gets too hot. The rest of us can save the recipe for next year.

2 cans northern beans, drained
2 cans black beans, drained
1 can diced tomatoes (with juice)
3 cans chicken broth
1 can beer
2 4oz cans chiles (drained)
2-3lbs chicken tenderloins
1lb chorizo
olive oil
1 chopped white onion
8 cloves garlic, minced
1T cumin
1T chili
1/2t oregano
1T Cajun seasoning

optional: sour cream, tortilla chips, fresh chopped cilantro for garnish

Cut the chicken into small pieces and saute in the olive oil in a medium saucepan. Remove the chicken and set aside.

Cook the chorizo in the same saucepan. Drain.

Put all other ingredients (including meats) in a large pot. Bring the chili to a boil and simmer for an hour.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home