MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Monday, June 02, 2008

Brownie Pie

This recipe for Brownie Pie comes from an article Jeannie Murray (my sister's sweet mother-in-law) wrote for the Truth Seekers Fellowship newsletter. We made it for my husband's early birthday party last night. It was super easy and really good. We suggest serving it warm with vanilla ice cream.

2 beaten eggs
1c sugar
1/2 c flour
1/2 stick melted butter
3 1/2 squares of Bakers unsweeted cocoa
1t vanilla
1/8t salt

Melt butter and chocolate in a medium size bowl. Add other ingredients and mix together. Pour into a greased pie pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. It's really easy to make with kids!

**

Truth Seekers is an outstanding ministry, founded by the father of my brother-in-law. I am most impressed with their MilktoMeat discipleship curriculum, a phenomenal group resource that explores the basic tenants of Christian faith. Here are some other resources they highlight on their homepage:

>To find out more about Truth Seekers Fellowship, go here.
>To listen to their Summer Bible Study on the Gospel, go here.
>To listen to their current study of Revelation, go here.
>To discover why Jesus is central to all of life, go here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home