MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Congregational Prayers

My church rarely has responsive prayers, but I've always loved them. My friend Susan shared this prayer from her church:

Leader: Let us join our hearts in prayer, responding in song: Thank you, Lord. Thank you, Lord. Thank you, Lord. I just want to thank you, Lord.
For the blessing of children—from newborn to almost grown, and for the sacred charge to nurture and protect them, let us lift our hearts to God:
People: Thank you, Lord. Thank you, Lord. Thank you, Lord. I just want to thank you, Lord.
Leader: For the love or parents, a love shown in its perfect form in God, let us pray:
People: Thank you, Lord. Thank you, Lord. Thank you, Lord. I just want to thank you, Lord.
Leader: For the families who work hard yet struggle every day to make ends meet and provide for their families:
People: Bless them, Lord. Bless them, Lord. Bless them, Lord. Help us be a blessing, too.
Leader: For the children who are beaten down by poverty and homelessness and hunger and suffer in immeasurable ways:
People: Bless them, Lord. Bless them, Lord. Bless them, Lord. Help us be a blessing, too.
Leader: For the children who are abused and neglected, for those who are shuffled through the foster care system and those who wait longingly for permanent families:
People: Love them, Lord. Love them, Lord. Love them, Lord. Help us to love all of them, too.
Leader: For the children who are victims of violence and for the children who turn to the violence they see glorified in our culture:
People: Love them, Lord. Love them, Lord. Love them, Lord. Help us to love all of them, too.
Leader: For the leaders of our nation who have the choice to stand for the powerful or the powerless, the rich or the poor, to corporations of the children:
People: Guide them, Lord. Guide them, Lord. Guide them, Lord. Help us work to guide them, too.
Leader: For ourselves, that we find the vision, commitment, skills, and persistence to work for justice in our nation so that we truly leave no child behind:
People: Guide us, Lord. Guide us, Lord. Guide us, Lord. Help sustain and guide us now.
Leader: Amen.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home