MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Summer Fun - Inviting Friends on Adventures

I've mentioned my friend Shannon several times before, but I thought you might like seeing some of the activities she is planning with her girls this week. She plans ahead, then invites other moms to join in their fun. I love the accountability of planning group activities, the opportunity to kids to practice getting along & having fun, and the opportunity for moms to enjoy good fellowship together. Here's an excerpt from her email earlier this week:
We have fun things planned for this week:

The girls and I are going berry picking Tuesday morning in Springfield. I am hoping to get an early start to the farm to beat some of the heat. We will hopefully be there from 8:30 to 10:00 (approximately!).

Wednesday we're going low-key and heading to the downtown library for the 10:30 storytime, book check-out and lunch in the courtyard with the fountain.

On Thursday, we'll head to the Kirkpatrick sprayground. Since it's getting progressively hotter as the week goes on, I figure we will need water play by the end of the week.

If we don't see you, have a great 4th of July! Hope you can join us for one of these!

Shannon and the girls

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home