MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Date Swap - for the Weekend!

We're having a great date swap weekend.

Last night, my sweetheart & I went on a 7th anniversary date to see a concert, to enjoy happy hour appetizers and a decadent dessert. Our friends kept the kids overnight, so we had an extra long date!

Today the friends brought our kids to our house, and stayed to visit for the day. We live 30 minutes away, so we don't see each other as often as we like. A day of visiting was quite a treat! We made lunch together, enjoyed a bit of leftover rum cake, and played chickenfoot dominoes. They even watched our two minute wedding video, in honor or our anniversary, and we had a great time laughing at the cake smashing. :)

They left their kids with us for the afternoon/evening, and we'll meet them at church with the kids tomorrow.

It has been relatively easy (5 kids make a big mess!) and lots of fun (the kids are similar ages and they love each other so much!), so I hope we'll make a tradition of our date swap weekend. It's financially smart, and it's a great way to spend more with the people (spouses and friends!) that we love. :)


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home