MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Building Christian Character

My son’s school librarian just shared with me a great book series about building Christian character. Michael P. Waite tells stories in Seussical style with whimsical pictures and great rhymes. Each book has a letter to parents, exhorting them on their journey to raise children with strong character and giving practical ideas for nurturing children. Each book closes with a kid-friendly scripture – easy for young children to memorize. Here is a sampling of his great books:

My son’s school librarian just shared with me a great book series about building Christian character. Michael P. Waite tells stories in Seussical style with whimsical pictures and great rhymes. Each book has a letter to parents, exhorting them on their journey to raise children with strong character and giving practical ideas for nurturing children. Each book closes with a kid-friendly scripture – easy for young children to memorize. Here is a sampling of his great books:

1.Max and the Big Fat Lie: A Book About Telling the Truth
2.Sir Maggie the Mighty: A Book About Obedience
3.Boggin Blizzy and Sleeter the Cheater: A Book About Fairness
4.Handy-Dandy Helpful Hal: A Book About Helpfulness
5.Casey the Greedy Young Cowboy: A Book About Being Thankful
6.Sylvester the Jester: A Book About Accepting Others
7.Buzzle Billy: A Book About Sharing
8.The parable of Shelby the Magnificent: In which the Windy Woods campers learn the biblical value of humility
9.Sammy's Gadget Galaxy: A Book About Patience
10.The Hollyhonk Gardens of Gneedle and Gnibb: A Book About Forgiving
11. Suzy Swoof: A Book About Kindness

I would love to buy this set for my kiddos!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home