MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Vote, Speak Up, and Pray

I don't want this to become a political blog, so I won't even mention any names in this post. But I wanted to remind you (and your family) to be a responsible citizen this week.

VOTE - go vote early, so you can take your kids with you to the polls. Tell them what you're doing, why it's important, why it's a privilege, and why you've chosen your candidates. This is a great educational opportunity for them in regards to character and responsibility. Then get a sticker for everyone and wear it proudly.

SPEAK UP - know why you support your candidate (BEYOND their party connection!), and educate people around you on the issues. Remind them to make time to go vote. Let them know where they can vote early, and offer a ride if they need it.

PRAY - I like the way my uncle Cliff wrote it in an email today, "Pray for God’s divine will to be done and accepted by our country. Please also pray for healing for the deep divisions that are hurting us as Americans at this time. We need healing! Pray for whatever God has placed on your hearts regarding this election."

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home