MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Activity Centers Part 5- Art Centers

I've been posting a series about Activity Centers this week. Today's focus is on the ART CENTERS that we often use in our home.

Hint - recycled materials are often the best for this dimension of play. The egg carton that you almost threw away can become the base for a child's homemade elephant; old birthday cards are great for cutting/pasting collages; and canisters are great for making a musical band. Teach your kids to be creative, and they'll find a use for everything. Yes, that's a little frightening, but you don't have to keep the new creations forever...

Stamps
Stencils
Playdough
Dress up magnets
Coloring books
Markers crayons
Paint (watercolors, tempera or magic paint books)
Airplanes
Light brite
Decorate boxes
Cut
Glue
Trace
Make rubbings (with leaves or any bumpy surface)
Send cards
Make gift packages
Origami shapes
Paper airplanes (not traditional art, but great for young boys!)


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home