MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Sunday, April 19, 2009

MommySecrets from the Week's Treasure Chest

Here are some articles I've enjoyed from other bloggers this week:

Social-Emotional Skills for Preschoolers from Let's Explore

Use What We Have: Ugly Craiglist Canvas from Like Merchant Ships

Birthday's on a Budget: Roundup! from Frugal Upstate

11 Cheap (and free!) Toys for Young Children from simple mom

It's been a fun weekend in our house - visiting with friends from WI and AZ, going to the zoo, playing baseball, going to a concert, playing on bounce-arounds, building fort, drinking coffee, and having a Wii date with my hubby. Today will be mostly a day of rest - I love quiet Sundays!

Oh, and I started a great book yesterday! It's Joanne Heim's new book, "Misplacing God and Finding Him Again". It echoes prayers in my heart over the last 2 decades - her writings are parallel the journals I've written for years. I'm sure it's a book I will recommend to people often! I'll write more when I finish the book.

Happy day,

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home