MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Power of a Song

It was a hard mommy afternoon in our household. Lot's of fussy, whiny and ungrateful children. My DH got an earful from a tired mom when he got home! But then the sweetest thing happened tonight.

My 7yr old is at a late baseball game, so I'm letting the younger two kiddos try to sleep in the same room. My 4yr old was making his cot in his little sister's room, and spontaneously started singing "Hosanna" from Hillsong. I've never heard him sing it before (though it is a song that we play frequently on itunes), so it was so sweet to hear him start singing on his own.

It was a great testimony about the power of words/songs that children absorb, and the power of God to bring praise into our home in the middle of our grumpies.

So I think I'll go turn on some praise music to close out the day.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home