MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Saylor Family Code

Our family has just adopted a family code, that we are striving to follow.  I like the idea, because it paints a clear picture of the family we want to have and the kind of character we strive to follow.  I'm able to use the phrases to encourage positive behaviors and correct negative behaviors. 

I wrote it, then asked my DH to give feedback, then shared it with the children to ensure their understanding.  Now it's posted on the bathroom mirror next to the kitchen and living room, so we each see it throughout the day when we're brushing teeth and washing hands.

Feel free to adapt the code, if you want to write your own family mantra.  I'd love to see what your write!


Love God



Love others



Do the right thing



Keep a cheerful heart



Speak words of love



Use hands to love others



Honor and obey parents and other adults



Be responsible with your things



Respect others and their things



Find ways to help and encourage others



Forgive others and seek forgiveness



Give thanks to God and others


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home