MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Sunday, August 21, 2011

How Media Impacts Marriage, Family and Life

Courtney at womenlivingwell.org has been hosting a series on media, faith, and family.  She started today's post with this quote from Tim Challies, the author of The Next Story: Life and Faith After the Digital Explosion:
“Our lives have become saturated with sounds and images flashing in front of our eyes, blaring into our ears…At work we spend forty hours staring at computer screens. at home we watch television or visit our favorite websites. Between work and home we check our route on the GPS and dash off a few text messages. Even at church we watch our pastors on screens before returning home to watch sermons on the Internet. Life is mediated by the screen.” p.89
Check out her posts below:

Media and Our Walk with God
Media and Our Marriages

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home