MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Easy & Healthy Breakfast Ideas

I love the idea of making hot breakfasts, but it's so hard to get things going early on school mornings.  This post has some simple and clever ideas for busy mamas:

10 Make-Ahead Breakfasts to Start Your Day Off Right
http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/recipe-roundup/10-makeahead-breakfasts-to-start-your-day-off-right-recipe-roundup-155762

And here is a favorite that my friend Angie makes for her family:

Baked Oatmeal

6 cups oats
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
2 cups milk
1 cup oil
4 eggs

Combine and pour into greased 9 x 13 inch dish. Bake uncovered at 350 for 30 – 35 minutes.



Happy day,

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home