MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Thursday, December 01, 2011

Arts and Crafts: Tractor Footprints

My 5year old daughter and a friend made crafts for their grandfathers yesterday.  Both grandpas are farmers, so they made tractor footprints - or maybe I should say footprint tractors...

We modeled our pictures after the one above.  I outlined the girls feet on white paper, then they colored in the lines with green crayons.  I traced 2 sizes of medicine dispensers for the wheels and they colored them gold.  Then I told the girls to draw a flower shape around the wheels, which they then colored in black.  They added lines to make the other parts of the tractor.  They were very proud of the final products!!

So maybe we can't buy Grandpa a tractor for Christmas, but we can give him a different kind of tractor!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home