1000 days: The Ministry of Christ is a Jonathan Falwell’s new devotional book that teaches about Jesus time on this earth. Falwell uses stories, sermons, and even classic literature to give readers insights into the life and ministry of Christ. And each chapter has 5-6 questions for individual reflection or group discussion.
Here are some of the topics covered:
• Jesus uses simple people to illustrate teachings and to represent him.
• The source of true happiness is only God.
• Jesus focuses on relationships instead of popularity.
• A look at hypocritical followers of Christ.
• Life is not about stuff – less is best.
• How Jesus wants us to live based on his lessons from the cross
There is a 45-page reference section at the end of the book, that includes a Bible Study Guide and an outline of the 100 main events in Jesus’ life I think the reference section was my favorite part of the book..
This would be a good book for a new believer, or someone exploring who Christ is. It provides a good introductory study to the life of Christ. As a long-time believer, though, I had a hard time reading the whole book. It was much more simple than I expected, and a bit repetitive.
I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers Review Program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.