MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Monday, October 08, 2012

Fish Tacos with Chipotle-Lime Slaw

Growing up in Knoxville, TN, I had never even heard of fish tacos until I met my husband from Arizona.  He loved the fish tacos from Rubios, so he got a similar recipe from a friend.  We've doctored the recipe a little bit over the years, and here is how we made the fish tacos for dinner tonight:


20 small fish sticks

10 Corn tortillas

3 cups broccoli slaw (or whatever cabbage mix you prefer)

1 bunch  chopped fresh cilantro

2-3 tablespoons mayonnaise

2 tablespoons lime juice

2 teaspoons granulated sugar

1-2 teaspons chipotle pepper sauce

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

Slap Your Mama Seasoning (optional, for those that like more zap)

 
Bake fish sticks according to package directions.

In a large bowl combine the slaw ingredients and toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to assemble the wraps.

Warm the tortillas over direct high heat for about 1 minute, turning once. To assemble the wraps, put 2 small fish sticks in the middle of a warmed tortilla, then top with some of the slaw. Sprinkle with Slap Your Mama seasoning, if desired.  Fold in half like a taco. Serve warm or at room temperature.  Serve with black beans and rice.


Makes 10 small wraps

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home