MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Monday, May 13, 2013

Famous Lemon Pie


My husband's family LOVES pies, but I grew up in a cake family. I'm trying to learn the art of baking pies. Here's the family recipe for the lemon pie he loves so much.

Crust:
1 Stick (1/2 Cup) Butter or Margarine, Melted
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Diced Pecans

Mix in a 13 x 9 inch Pyrex baking dish. Bake above mixture at 350 degrees, stirring occasionally, (mixture will be crumbly) for at least 15 minutes (possibly longer depending on how hot your oven is). Press this crust into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate.

Filling:
3 Tablespoons Cream Corn Starch
1 1/4 Cups Sugar
1 Tablespoon Grated Lemon Rind
3 Eggs, Separated
1 1/2 Cups boiling water
6 Tablespoons Lemon Juice

Combine corn starch, sugar, lemon juice and lemond rind. Beat eff yolks, add to corn starch mixture. Gradually add boiling water. Heat to boiling over direct heat. Boil gently 4 minutes, stirring constantly. (Egg whites can be used for meringue - Daniel didn't like meringue so I never made it). Refrigerate.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home