MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Monday, July 22, 2013

Spoons


Have you ever played the card game Spoons?  My family of 6 played for hours when I was growing up. It’s easy enough for little ones, yet suspenseful enough for older children.

Set up: players sit in a circle around a set of spoons (one less spoon than the number of people playing). From 1-2 decks of cards, deal four cards to all players. On each turn, a person picks up one card (from the discard pile or the draw pile) and discards one card. The object is to find four cards of the same number.

When a player collects four cards of the same number, he/she quietly takes a spoon from the center of the pile. At that point, all players in the circle may pick up a spoon, even if they don’t have four matching cards. The player left without a spoon loses the round.

If you don’t have any spoons, you can play PIG instead, with each player sticking out his tongue, instead of drawing a spoon.

Games are so great for bonding families together!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home