MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Monday, July 01, 2013

Praline Pecan Crunch Snack Mix


I discovered this super-yummy snack mix, when I was leading a service-learning workshop a few years ago. I couldn't quit eating it! I begged Linda for the recipe, so here it is:

1 (16-ounce) box Quaker® Toasted Oatmeal Squares Cereal (about 8 cups)
2 cups pecan pieces
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
4 tablespoons margarine OR butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1. Heat oven to 250ºF. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Combine cereal and pecans in pan; mix well.
3. In large microwaveable bowl, combine sugar, corn syrup and margarine. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute 30 seconds; stir. Microwave an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute 30 seconds or until boiling.
4. Stir vanilla and baking soda into sugar mixture. Pour over cereal mixture; stir to coat evenly.
5. Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Transfer to baking sheet, spreading mixture in even layer. Cool completely; break into pieces.
6. Store tightly covered at room temperature.

Makes 10 cups.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

That sounds absolutely delicious! YUM!

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home