MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Book Review: The Mighty Quinn by Robyn Parnell and Katie & Aaron DeYoe


Overview:  Fifth graders Quinn and Neally have to find the right way to stop a bully without making themselves bullies too.
My favorite part was the style of writing because they used unusual words like infinity often.
My favorite character was Kelsey King, because of her favorite tone of voice, yelling.
This is a great book for boys and girls who are getting bullied and want a way out of it.
Can't wait for the next book in the series to come out!
By Daniel, age 11
 
(Mom was excited to hear about this book that tackles such an important issue in a light-hearted way.  Bullies are a big issue for kids, and they can use all the help they can get to deal with bullying behavior AND avoid being the bully.  Positive role models for kids are always a good thing!  I'm excited to see more books from this publisher!)
 
Disclosure:  We received this book as a gift from Scarletta Press in exchange for our honest review.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home