MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Routines are Good

Children usually thrive on routine, and it can make life much easier for parents. There are 3 routine that we stick to faithfully in our house.

First is the morning routine. Every weekday morning we set the alarm for the same time. Kids go down to breakfast , clean up, brush teeth/hair, pack their backpacks, and they are ready to get out the door. My husband and I give them time checks throughout the half hour. so everyone can stay on track.

After school time is another routine. Children come into the house, empty their backpacks and lunch boxes, set out their papers to sign, and wash their hands. As they eat their afternoon snack, we can snuggle, work on homework, practice spelling words, or read books. This allows me a little check in time with each child, & I can hear about each person's schoolday.

Night time is the final routine that we follow every day. About 7:30 we send the kids upstairs to take showers, brush teeth, and head towards bed. If we're on time, that gives us plenty of time to snuggle, pray, and touch base with each kid.

What routines do you follow in your family?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home