MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Inspiring Readers



This little 3rd grader didn't like reading very much until he discovered the "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" series.  I admit, it's definitely not my reading style, but it's exactly what he needed to kickstart his love for reading.  He started reading Wimpy Kid books about a year ago.  Since then, he has started devouring books. He read through the Magic Treehouse series, the Geronimo Stilton series, and now he is enjoying Theo Stilton books.  Figure out what your kiddos enjoy, and work with your librarian to find some books that fit their reading level and their personal style.

I'd love to hear what your kids love to read too!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Marcie said...

Terrific that he's found something he loves to read. I always believed that whatever they chose to read...as long as they were reading - it was all good!

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home