MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Thursday, May 25, 2006


Thrifty Summer Eating

Planting a small vegetable or herb garden is one of the best ways to save grocery money in the summer. I'm NOT a big gardener, but I can easily maintain the small garden we have. We only plant a few starter plants of our favorite vegetables (tomatoes, zuchinni, yellow squash and green peppers), as well as cilantro and basil. For the price of one bag of store-bought veges, I can plant and grow a whole summer's worth of produce for our family. Extra perks include great educational opportunities for my kids, an extra incentive to cook with lots of fresh veges, and a little bit of exercise for me!

2 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

I have tried this, but all of my veggies are either 1) dying or 2) being eaten by squirrels when they get a hint of a veggie growing on it. My herbs are great though! I do love the idea of being able to just pick what I need and leave the rest. It saves me money and time at the grocery.

BTW, I am actually here looking for a post on Krogers digital sale.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Ann @TheAssetEdge said...

I wish I knew more about garden tips - I just cross my fingers & hope things grow! I have heard the your local extension service will often come look at your garden & offer advice (free), or at least give you a phone consult. Even Home Depot is great to give advice, but I get overwhelmed by all the options!

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home