MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Friday, May 26, 2006



Tuesday FUN Jar

Last summer, my friend Shannon did something with her girls that they called the Tuesday
Fun Jar. At the start of summer break, they made a list of fun things they would like to do together. Each Sunday, they drew something out to do that Tuesday. The list is mostly free/frugal fun, but it also includes some splurges. There are also sunny day and rainy day activities in the jar, so if the weather looks uncertain, they pull out 2 and decide Tuesday morning. Here are some of the things in their jar this summer:

Dragon Park
Bicentennial Mall
Zoo
Feed the ducks at Shelby Park
Adventure Science Center
Movie (free at several local theaters on Tues/Wed mornings)
Frist Center (great Egyptian exhibit!)
Centennial Park
Treasure Hunt
Cheekwood
Granny White Park
Picnic at Percy Priest Lake
Cook a "Pretend Soup" Recipe

What a fun idea to with your family, or even neighborhood friends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home