MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Haircuts!

$50 haircuts definitely don't fit in my budget anymore, so I've been searching for ways to cut corners & still love my haircut. For several years, I frequented a woman with a beauty salon in her home. This is still much cheaper than a salon & I love the intimacy, but her prices kept creeping up and the gas mileage to her house was killing me!

My Knoxville family introduced me to the TN School of Beauty, which offers great salon services at tiny prices. Their students do the work, but they are closely supervised by their teachers, so you can be confident that you are getting high quality services.

I just visited Nashville's School of Beauty at TSU for the first time last month. It was more 'schoolish' than Knoxville's salon, but the quality was good. I was floored by their prices! You pay one annual fee of $5, and then every haircut costs only $5! They also have great prices for manicures, pedicures, highlights... They were timely with the appointment, they accepted credit card/check/cash payment, and I was in/out in less than an hour.

For the boys in our house, I bought a good set of shears/clippers for about $20-25 at Walmart. My husband gets a regular haircut every 6-8 weeks, but I give him an in between trim to keep the edges looking sharp. I have professionals shape my boys hair occassionally, but I usually trim their hair in the dining room, while they are watching a movie. There are great cutting/trimming directions in the clipper kit, and using the 1 inch 'guards' keeps me from cutting their hair too short (my greatest fear!).

This month Great Clips is offering a great sale (thanks for the heads up from vickysdeals.blogspot.com). With this printable coupon, haircuts are only $6 through 9/16. Great deal!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

I used to visit New Directions Academy on Charlotte Ave, but the prices were definitely higher than TSU's. The guys in our family also get cuts at home. Thanks for the tip!

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home